Nicholas*Mike*Lynsee*Heather*Blaine*Ladd the Dad*Macey*Addison*Sally*Brad*Emily*Alex*Ashley*Cameron*Christian
We may not have it all together... but together we have it all

Sunday, March 2, 2008

Catch--Up Time

I know, I know---I am a slacker in the blogging world. What can I say? I have been unpacking a house, helping four teenagers with homework that is WAY beyond my comprehension and understanding, being called to be a Relief Society Teacher in our church, being called to be the Missionary Meal coordinator in our church, planning a birthday party for Christian and Cameron's 13th birthday which was on February 26th---sorry no pictures---we hadn't found the camera since the move as of their birthday---found it just in time for the wrestling picture, attending the Nucor Corporate Meetings & shopping and playing with the other Nucor wives, picking up boys from wrestling practice and afterschool tutoring, making dinner for a sick family in our church, keeping up with emails, did I mention unpacking, hanging pictures, YES---shopping for a little new furniture, getting all four cars licensed and inspected in North Carolina---you try standing in those DMV lines, and yes unpacking. Are you tired yet? Needless to say---the slackness in my blog. Lucky for me that there is repentance in this world and I am here to say that I am going to try and do a little better from here on out.

Spring had made it to the Carolinas until this past week when Mother Nature played a dirty trick and threw a little snow our way. I haven't lived in snow for so long that I had almost forgot what it was. I looked out the window of our den last Tuesday morning while I was typing emails and darned if it wasn't snowing. It did stick or anything exciting like that but it did look pretty coming down. I must admit it was fun to see but I was equally glad when it warmed up to a more spring-like 70's today. The flowers and trees are coming into bloom in the Carolinas and it a beautiful time to be here.

We are doing great and adjusting well to our new situation. The boys have finally given Charlotte a thumbs up and are enjoying their new school and friends. Ladd is enjoying his new job but it does keep him hopping and busy. He loves being in on some of the exciting plans that are in store for the future of Nucor. Good times ahead for this steel company.

We now have our guest rooms ready to go-----no blinds on the windows yet----but they are coming. Beds are made and mints are ready.

Give us a call when you make it this way......our door is always open.

No comments: