Spring has come to the Carolinas---maybe not officially but it is getting green and flowers are in bloom and trees are beginning to bud---YEAH!!!
We will be glad to be able to spend more time outdoors. We have had a winter of sinus infections, fevers, sore throats, chills, and missing school. Even Ladd the Dad took a day off work last Thursday for being sick which NEVER happens.
Heather and Blaine have been here this weekend. Blaine had a conference for his work in Atlanta, Georgia all last week and rented a car and drove the 3 1/2 hours to Charlotte after his conference finished on Thursday evening. He had rough duty driving. When he went to rent his car from Avis, he explained to them that he needed a car to drive to Charlotte and then drop it there because he had a flight home. He also explained to them that he needed the cheapest car they had. It just so happens that Avis needed to get a white Ford Convertable Mustang to the Charlotte area and told Blaine that if he would drive it for them they would give him the cheap car price. DEAL OR NO DEAL!!! I think y'all know what Blaine did---lucky for him it was one of those picture perfect spring days and that convertable felt pretty good as he went flying up I-85 between Atlanta and Charlotte.
Heather drove down from Virginia Friday afternoon after school.
As you may or may not know, Blaine and Heather are doing the split-living thing right now. Blaine took an position with the Georgia Pacific Lumber Company in January. The mill he is working at in located in Columbia, Mississippi. YES, I said M-I-S-S-I-S-S-I-P-P-I. Southern Mississippi to boot. They will be located in the DEEP south. Heather will join him in June when her school year gets over. She is in her second year of teaching a Special Needs Preschool class. Blaine is working as their Reliability Manager. His responsibilities include developing ways to improve productivity, quality, etc. He is absolutely LOVING his job. He will be more excited when his Southern Belle finally gets to join him.
We spent today at the boys' Stake YM Basketball games. Our ward has a great team and have got a 5 - 1 win/loss record on the year. Today was the stake tournament. They won their first game in a nail biter in overtime. Alex scored 12 of their 22 points. Nicholas was a leading rebounder, Cameron is one of the toughest on defense and Christian is all over the court in their faces. It is fun having four boys on the team because one of them is always placing and at one point today their were four Halls in the game at the same time. Our second game did not go so well. We lost in a big fashion. No one could hit their free-throws and they played a very well put-together team. That loss finishes their 2008 season.
Ladd and I are continuing today to fight sinus infections and headaches. I told him we were becoming big fuddy-duddies. We sent the boys with Heather and Blaine to the movie "10,000 B.C." tonight while we staying home and nursing our pains.
We are looking forward to day-light saving time which by-the-way changes TONIGHT. I love longer evenings and warm summer breezes. Can't wait to warm up that grill and cook some burgers---YUM!!!!
Sunny's Birthday in New Orleans!
8 years ago
1 comment:
I love spring as well. Although the southern pollen my allergies could do without!
Post a Comment